Re: Is CephFS ready for production?

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 9:53 PM, Mohamed Pakkeer <mdfakkeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi sage,
>
> When can we expect the fully functional fsck for cephfs?. Can we get at next
> major release?. Is there any roadmap or time frame for the fully functional
> fsck release?

We're working on it as fast as we can, and it'll be done when it's
done. ;) More seriously, I'm still holding out a waning hope that
we'll have the "forward scrub" portion ready for Infernalis and then
we'll see how long it takes to assemble a working repair tool from
that.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:20 AM, Marc <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am curious about the current state of the roadmap as well. Alongside the
> already asked question Re vmware support, where are we at with cephfs'
> multiMDS stability and dynamic subtree partitioning?

Zheng has fixed a ton of bugs in these areas over the last year, but
both features are farther down the roadmap since we don't think we
need them for the earliest production users.
-Greg