From: "Matthew Monaco" <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2015 10:57:46 PM
Subject:  rbd: incorrect metadata

I have a pool used for RBD in a bit of an inconsistent state. Somehow, through
OpenStack, the data associated with a child volume was deleted. If I try to
unprotect the snapshot, librbd complains there is at least one child. If I try
to list out the children, librbd errors out on looking up the image id. "listing
children failed: (2) No such file or directory".

I thought I might get brave and edit rbd_children / rbd_directory / rbd_header*
"by hand." However rbd_children and rbd_directory are empty. I've even tracked
down all 3 copies of each meta file in the filestore and they too are empty. So
where is the parent/child association coming from? Despite this, I don't have
issues listing children for other snapshots in the same pool.

Thanks!