Re: rbd: incorrect metadata

On 04/13/2015 07:51 AM, Jason Dillaman wrote:
> Can you add "debug rbd = 20" to your config, re-run the rbd command, and
> paste a link to the generated client log file?

I set both rbd and rados log to 20

VOL=volume-61241645-e20d-4fe8-9ce3-c161c3d34d55
SNAP="$VOL"@snapshot-d535f359-503a-4eaf-9e71-48aa35b28d0c

rbd -p volumes children "$SNAP"       &> http://hastebin.com/lalajofoqu
rbd -p volumes snap unprotect "$SNAP" &> http://hastebin.com/vibonepeme

There are other errors in there about not looking up $SNAP's parent and name for
pool id 4 (which usage to be "images"). What happened was "images" had way too
many PGs, so I flattened all of the rbds in "volumes", copied over to a new
"images" pool and then deleted the old one.

When I flattened the volumes, the snapshots remained associated with the
original parent (is this a bug/limitation/expected...?). I didn't mind just
deleting the snapshots bc I assumed they were borked. However with this
particular snapshot "$SNAP", this thing happened where the metadata broke and I
can't unprotected it.

> The rbd_children and rbd_directory objects store state as omap key/values,
> not as actual binary data within the object.  You can use "rados -p rbd
> listomapvals rbd_directory/rbd_children" to see the data within the files.

Ah, thanks for the info. I guess I need to use rmomapkey on rbd_children.