Re: SSD Hardware recommendation

Speaking of SSD IOPs. Running the same tests on my SSDs (LiteOn
ECT-480N9S 480GB SSDs):
The lines at the bottom are a single 6TB spinning disk for comparison's sake.

http://imgur.com/a/fD0Mh

Based on these numbers, there is a minimum latency per operation, but
multiple operations can be performed simultaneously. The sweet spot
for my SSDs is ~8 journals per SSD to maximize IOPs on a per journal
basis. Unfortunately, at 8 journals, the overall IOPs is much less
than the stated IOPs for the SSD. (~5000 vs 9000 IOPs). Better than
spinning disks, but not what I was expecting.

The spreadsheet is available here:
https://people.beocat.cis.ksu.edu/~mozes/hobbit-ssd-vs-std-iops.ods

--
Adam