Re: Ceph PG Incomplete = Cluster unusable

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Robert LeBlanc <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Protect against bit rot. Checked on read and on deep scrub.

There are still issues (at least in firefly) with FDCache and scrub
completion having corrupted on-disk data, so throughout checksumming
will not cover every possible corruption case (at least not before
adding possibility to invalidate FDCache on demand). As long as this
topic rose consistency question, it worthy to mention this too. Most
times this issue will not hit anyone as hardware failures are going in
a different way than a single file corruption, but it is possible to
imagine such case, especially when dealing with SSDs. I suspect that
not anyone familiar with mentioned problem, in a short it looks that
we *may* corrupt certain data blocks in a filestore and due to FDCache
they will not be revealed even by a deep-scrub and problem may persist
upon OSD restart. This issue is very concerning for me after I hit
misbehavior of recover procedure in the middle of Dec, as mine issue
can possibly be related to one described above.