Ceph PG Incomplete = Cluster unusable

Hi all,

we have a ceph cluster, with currently 360 OSDs in 11 Systems. Last week
we were replacing one OSD System with a new one. During that, we had a
lot of problems with OSDs crashing on all of our systems. But that is
not our current problem.

After we got everything up and running again, we still have 3 PGs in the
state incomplete. I was checking one of them directly on the systems
(replication factor is 3). On two machines the directory was there but
empty, on the third one, I found some content. Using
ceph_objectstore_tool I exported this PG and imported it on the other
nodes. Nothing changed.

We only use ceph for providing rbd images. Right now, two of them are
unusable, because ceph hangs when someone trys to access content in
these pgs. Not bad enough, if I create a new rbd image, ceph is still
using the incomplete pgs, so it is a pure gambling if a new volume will
be usable or not. That, for now, makes our 900TB ceph cluster unusable
because of 3 bad PGs.

And right here it seems like I can't to anything. Instructing the ceph
cluster to scrub, deep-scrub or repair the pg does nothing, even after
several days. Checking which rbd images are affected is also not
possible, because rados -p poolname ls hangs forever when it comes to
one of the incomplete pgs. ceph osd lost also does actually nothing.

So right now, I am OK if I lose the content of these three PGs. So how
can I get the cluster back to live without deleting the whole pool which
is not for discussion?

Regards,
Christian

P.S.