Re: Improving Performance with more OSD's?

Hi,

On 30/12/14 11:55, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 11:26:08 AM Eneko Lacunza wrote:
  have a small setup with such a node (only 4 GB RAM, another 2 good
nodes for OSD and virtualization) - it works like a charm and CPU max is
always under 5% in the graphs. It only peaks when backups are dumped to
its 1TB disk using NFS.
Yes, CPU has not been a problem for em at all, I even occasional run a windows
VM on the NUC.

Sounds like we have very similar setups - 2 good ndoes that run full osd's,
mon and VM's, and a third smaller node for quorum.

Do you have OSD's on your thrid ndoe as well?
No, I have never had a VM running on it, there are only 6 VMs in this cluster and the other 2 nodes have plenty of RAM/CPU for them. I might try if one of the good nodes goes down ;)
I'd advise against it.
That node doing both monitor and OSDs is not going to end well.
My experience has led me not to trust USB disks for continuous
operation, I wouldn't do this either.
Yeah, it doesn't sound like a good idea. Pity, the nucs are so small and quiet

Yes. But I think the CPU would become a problem as soon as we put 1-2 OSDs on that NUC. Maybe with a Core i3 NUC... :)

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico