Re: Improving Performance with more OSD's?

Hi,

On 29/12/14 15:12, Christian Balzer wrote:
3rd Node
  - Monitor only, for quorum
- Intel Nuc
- 8GB RAM
- CPU: Celeron N2820

Uh oh, a bit weak for a monitor. Where does the OS live (on this and the
other nodes)? The leveldb (/var/lib/ceph/..) of the monitors likes it fast,
SSDs preferably.

I have a small setup with such a node (only 4 GB RAM, another 2 good nodes for OSD and virtualization) - it works like a charm and CPU max is always under 5% in the graphs. It only peaks when backups are dumped to its 1TB disk using NFS.
I'd prefer to use the existing third node (the Intel Nuc), but its
expansion is limited to USB3 devices. Are there USB3 external drives
with decent performance stats?

I'd advise against it.
That node doing both monitor and OSDs is not going to end well.
My experience has led me not to trust USB disks for continuous operation, I wouldn't do this either.

Just my cents
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico