Re: Ceph data consistency

On 12/30/2014 09:40 AM, Chen, Xiaoxi wrote:
> Hi,
>    First of all, the data is safe since it's persistent in journal, if error occurs on OSD data partition, replay the journal will get the data back.
Agree. Data are safe in journal. But when journal is flushed data are
moved to a filestore and not flushed to disk immediately.
>    And,  there is a wbthrottle there, you can config how much data(ios, bytes, inodes) you wants to remain in memory. A background thread will start to flush data into disk when  any of the value exceeds "filestore_wbthrottle_[xfs,btrfs]_[bytes,ios,inodes]_start_flusher",  and will block the filestore op thread when hard limit exceeds. You could set these value to something smaller if you still not feeling comfortable:)
I assume that you are talking about WBThrottle::entry()
(src/os/WBThrottle.cc). There is fsync/fdatasync there but it's return
value isn't checked at all. So if you call *write* you have data in
dirty buffer. Then you flush that data to disk by calling *fsync*
without checking it's return value. If there was an IO error *fsync*
will return -1 meaning data has been lost. OSD will not be aware of this.

--
PS