Re: Proper procedure for osd/host removal

Thanks - I was suspecting it. I was thinking at a course of action that would allow setting the weight of an entire host to zero in the crush map - thus forcing the migration of the data out of the OSDs of that host, followed by the crush and osd removal, one by one (hopefully this time without another backfill session).

Problem is I don't have where to test how that would work and/or what would be the side-effects (if any).