Re: Giant or Firefly for production

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The v2 rule means you have a crush rule for erasure coding.  Do you have
> an EC pool in your cluster?

Yes indeed. I didn't know EC pool was incompatible with the current
kernel, I only tested it with rados bench and VMs, I guess.

> The tunables3 feature bit is set because you set the vary_r parameter.

This I don't really know where it comes from. I think at a certain
point I ran "ceph osd crush tunables optimal", and it probably added
"vary_r", but then I run "ceph osd crush tunables firefly" and it
didn't remove it... is it normal?

> If you want older kernels to talk to the cluster, you need to avoid the
> new tunables and features!

Well, as I said, I'm not a ceph expert, I didn't even know I enabled
features the kernel of the distribution did not support.

I guess the problem is that I am using packages from the ceph.com
repo, while the kernel comes from ubuntu.

However, it's at least curious that when I was running firefly from
ubuntu repositories I could create an EC pool, but the kernel was not
compatible with EC2 pools...

.a.

--
antonio.messina@xxxxxxxxxxx                     +41 (0)44 635 42 22