Re: Giant or Firefly for production

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 4:25 PM, David Moreau Simard <dmsimard@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What are the kernel versions involved ?
>
> We have Ubuntu precise clients talking to a Ubuntu trusty cluster without issues - with tunables optimal.
> 0.88 (Giant) and 0.89 has been working well for us as far the client and Openstack are concerned.
>
> This link provides some insight as to the possible problems:

Both servers and clients are Ubuntu Trusty. Kernel versions are a bit different:

client: 3.13.0-39-generic #66
server: 3.13.0-32-generic #57
ceph version on both: 0.87

> http://cephnotes.ksperis.com/blog/2014/01/21/feature-set-mismatch-error-on-ceph-kernel-client
>
> Things to look for:
> - Kernel versions
> - Cache tiering
> - Tunables
> - hashpspool

I have already read the blogpost, but I don't have much experience
with tunables.
>From what I understood I am missing:

* CEPH_FEATURE_CRUSH_TUNABLES3
* CEPH_FEATURE_CRUSH_V2

but I don't know how to disable them, and I can't see them set in the
crushmap I get from "ceph osd getcrushmap"

.a.

--
antonio.messina@xxxxxxxxxxx                     +41 (0)44 635 42 22
antonio.s.messina@xxxxxxxxx