Re: Virtual machines using RBD remount read-only on OSD slow requests

Hi,

I recently e-mailed ceph-users about a problem with virtual machine RBD
disks remounting read-only because of OSD slow requests[1]. I just
wanted to report that although I'm still seeing OSDs from one particular
machine going down sometimes (probably some hardware problem on that
node), the virtual machines haven't been remounting their disks
read-only.

I can't be sure of the cause, because I didn't do any controlled tests
(or any tests at all), but one thing I changed was the
osd_recovery_op_priority, from the default 10 to 5. I had seen some
suggestions on this list regarding that parameter and they may well have
been useful in my case.

Cheers,
Paulo

[1]http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2014-November/044887.html