Re: The strategy of auto-restarting crashed OSD

I'm currently looking at the same scenario of having to restart crashed OSDs. I'm looking towards using runit (http://smarden.org/runit/ & http://smarden.org/runit/useinit.html) to manage the OSD's...I'll probably modify my init script to send me a trap or email when it's restarted though.