rados -p <pool> cache-flush-evict-all surprisingly slow

Dear Cephers,

I have a lab setup with 6x dual-socket hosts, 48GB RAM, 2x10Gbps hosts,
each equipped with 2x S3700 100GB SSDs and 4x 500GB HDD, where the HDDs
are mapped in a tree under a 'platter' root tree similar to guidance from
Seb at http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/08/25/ceph-mix-sata-and-ssd-within-the-same-box/ ,
and SSDs similarily under an 'ssd' root.  Replication is set to 3.
Journals on tmpfs (simulating NVRAM).

I have put an ssd pool as a cache tier in front of an hdd pool ("rbd"), and run
fio-rbd against "rbd".  In the benchmarks, at bs=32kb, QD=128 from a
single separate client machine, I reached at peak throughput of around
1.2 GB/s.  So there is some capability.  IOPS-wise I see a max of around
15k iops currently.

After having filled the SSD cache tier, I ran rados -p rbd
cache-flush-evict-all - and I was expecting to see the 6 SSD OSDs start
to evict all the cache-tier pg's to the underlying pool, rbd, which maps
to the HDDs.  I would have expected parallellism and high throughput,
but what I now observe is ~80 MB/s on average flush speed.

Which leads me to the question:  Is "rados -p <pool>
cache-flush-evict-all" supposed to work in a parallell manner?

Cursory viewing in tcpdump suggests to me that eviction operation is
serial, in which case the performance could make a little bit sense,
since it is basically limited by the write speed of a single hdd.

What should I see?

If it is indeed a serial operation, is this different from the regular
cache tier eviction routines that are triggered by full_ratios, max
objects or max storage volume?

Regards,
Martin