Re: Remote Journal

Hi Dan,

I don't know why NBD wouldn't function, but I also don't think it's the way you should go. Putting the journals on the OSD disks isn't a terrible option, but you will suffer the expected double write penalty . If your system disk is an SSD with fast sequential write throughput capabilities, you might be able to put the journals there with minimal overhead. If it's a spinning disk, I'd avoid putting the journals there as you'll very quickly oversubscribe that disk.

Mark