Re: Swift + radosgw: How do I find accounts/containers/objects limitation?

Thanks,  Gregory. Do you know how can I find out where the number of buckets for a particular user has been configured?

--Narendra

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Farnum [mailto:greg@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 11:58 AM
To: Narendra Trivedi (natrived)
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Swift + radosgw: How do I find accounts/containers/objects limitation?

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Narendra Trivedi (natrived) <natrived@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have been working with Openstack Swift + radosgw to stress the whole
> object storage from the Swift side (I have been creating containers
> and objects for days now) but can’t actually find the limitation when
> it comes to the number of accounts, containers, objects that can be
> created in the entire object storage. I have tried radosgw-admin but
> without any luck. Does how this can be found?

There are no hard limits on any of these entities, except for a configurable one on the number of buckets per user. There is slow performance degradation as things like the number of objects in a bucket or number of buckets per user grows too large, but the thresholds will vary depending on your cluster.
-Greg