Re: What a maximum theoretical and practical capacity in ceph cluster?

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:58:45 -0000, Nick Fisk <nick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The RED drives are interesting, they are very cheap and if performance is
> not of top importance (cold storage/archive) they would seem to be a good
> choice as they are designed for 24x7 use and support 7s error timeout.

WD also have Red Pro. which basically are reds but 7200 RPM and
slightly less expensive than Re. We've been replacing our segate
barracuda DM001 with these (dont get those segates, they are
horrible....)

--
Mariusz Gronczewski, Administrator

Efigence S. A.