Re: ceph at "Universite de Lorraine"

Hi Stéphane,

It all depends on your use case. Red Hat is able to provide the best support there is if your use case is unique and complex. If this is for test purposes and teaching distributed software it can probably be self managed by students. Could you describe what it is going to be used for ?

Cheers

On 10/10/2014 16:58, Stéphane DUGRAVOT wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We (French University) plan to implement a storage platform (distributed of course)for a volume of750 TB. We are interesting in CEPH ...
>
> We wonder the availability of professional support in our project approach.Do you know a professional integrator that could assist us for :
>
>   * early design,
>   * deployment
>   * and probably support ?
>
> I already know 2 of them. But ...
>
> Someone told me : "/there is no need for professional support, just buy the equipment, install it and let it run ceph/"
>
> -> This is probably true, but distributed storage technologies are so new to us that we should consider professional support in our project approach (especially at this point).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Stephane.
>
> --
> *Université de Lorraine**/
> /*Stéphane DUGRAVOT - Direction du numérique - Infrastructure
> Jabber : /stephane.dugravot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> Tél.: /+33 3 83 68 20 98/

Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre