Re: Network hardware recommendations

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Massimiliano Cuttini <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you want to build up with Viatta.
And this give you the possibility to have a fully feature OS.
What kind of hardware would you use to build up a switch?

Hard to beat the Quanta T3048-LY2, 48 10 gig, 4 40 gig. Same chip as Cisco, Dell, HP, etc. Like I said, merchant silicon and white box switches are the wave of the future. You can use Quanta OS or what I recommend is get one with the ONIE bootloader, then you can put Cumulus software on it for more features of if you much more daring flash it with BigSwitch and go OpenFlow.

nathan stratton | vp technology | broadsoft, inc | +1-240-404-6580 | www.broadsoft.com