Feature request: stable naming for external journals

I made this mistake originally, too?

It?s not real clear in the documentation, but it turns out that if you just initialize your journal drives as GPT, but don?t create the partitions, and then prepare your OSDs with:

$ ceph-deploy osd prepare node1:sde:sda

(ie, specify the device, not an individual partition)

then it will create a new partition (sized according to the osd_journal_size setting under [osd] in ceph.conf), and will link to it by UUID.

Regards,

Thomas.