How to find the disk partitions attached to a OSD

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Sharmila Govind
<sharmilagovind at gmail.com> wrote:
> root at cephnode4:/mnt/ceph/osd2# mount |grep ceph
> /dev/sdc on /mnt/ceph/osd3 type ext4 (rw)
> /dev/sdb on /mnt/ceph/osd2 type ext4 (rw)
>
> All the above commands just pointed out the mount points(/mnt/ceph/osd3),
> the folders were named by me as ceph/osd. But, if a new user has to get the
> osd mapping to the mounted devices, would be difficult if we named the osd
> disk folders differently. Any other command which could give the mapping
> would be useful.

It really depends on how you have set up the OSDs.  If you're using
ceph-deploy or ceph-disk to partition and format the drives, they get
a special partition type set which marks them as a Ceph OSD.  On a
system set up that way, you get nice uniform output like this:

# ceph-disk list
/dev/sda :
 /dev/sda1 other, ext4, mounted on /boot
 /dev/sda2 other, LVM2_member
/dev/sdb :
 /dev/sdb1 ceph data, active, cluster ceph, osd.0, journal /dev/sdb2
 /dev/sdb2 ceph journal, for /dev/sdb1
/dev/sdc :
 /dev/sdc1 ceph data, active, cluster ceph, osd.3, journal /dev/sdc2
 /dev/sdc2 ceph journal, for /dev/sdc1

John