cannot revert lost objects

On 5/1/14 10:11 , kevin horan wrote:
> Here is how I got into this state. I have only 6 OSDs total, 3 on one
> host (vashti) and 3 on another (zadok). I set the noout flag so I
> could reboot zadok. Zadok was down for 2 minutes. When it came up ceph
> began recovering the objects that had not been replicated yet. Before
> recovery finished, osd.6, on vashti, died (IO errors on disk, whole
> drive un-recoverable). Since osd.6 had objects that had not yet had a
> chance to replicate to any OSD on zadok, they were lost. I cannot
> recover anything further from osd.6.

I'm pretty far out of my element here, but if osd.6 is gone, it might
help to mark it lost:
ceph osd lost 6

I had similiar issues when I lost some PGs.  I don't think that it
actually fixed my issue, but marking osds as lost did help Ceph move
forward.

You could also try deleting the broken RBD image, and see if that helps.

--

*Craig Lewis*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Central Desktop. Work together in ways you never thought possible.*
Connect with us Website <http://www.centraldesktop.com/>  | Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/centraldesktop>  | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/CentralDesktop>  | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=147417>  | Blog