Re: Mon hangs when started after Emperor upgrade

Perhaps as a workaround you should just wipe this mon's data dir and remake it?
In the past when I upgraded our mons from spinning disks to SSDs, I went through a procedure to remake each mon from scratch (wiping and resyncing each mon's leveldb one at a time).

I did something like this:

service ceph stop
cd /var/lib/ceph/mon
mv mon.4 mon.4.old
mkdir mon.4
ceph-mon --mkfs -i 4 --keyring /var/lib/ceph/tmp/keyring.mon.4

(where the keyring in the last step is a copy of the mon keyring).

When you start the mon after this it should get the latest leveldb from the other mons.

Maybe a procedure like this will work for you?? (Disclaimer: I've only ever tried this on Dumpling).

Cheers, Dan