From: ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Gregory Farnum [greg@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 31 March 2014 19:40
To: Larry Liu
Cc: ceph-users
Subject: Re:  Security Hole?

Hmm, this might be considered a bit of a design oversight. Looking at
the auth keys is a read operation, and the client has read
permissions...
You might want to explore the more fine-grained command-based monitor
permissions as a workaround, but I've created a ticket to try and
close that read permission up:
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/7919
-Greg