radosgw-admin usage show Does not seem to work properly with start and end dates

I've noticed what seems to be a strange artifact in the radosgw-admin tool when
I query for usage data in one hour intervals.

For this exercise, I have had a script uploading and downloading files to the
object store constantly, waiting 5 minutes in between runs.  The user in this
case is 'mike' and the bucket is 'abc'.  All transfers are completing
successfully.

Software information / versions:
radosgw 0.72.2-1precise
also running ceph 0.72.2-1precise

Suspect Behavior:

For example, take the following loop, which iterates through each hour of the
day and requests usage:

for x in `seq -w 0 23`
do
  /bin/echo -e "\n-----------------------------------------\nHOUR $x\n"
  radosgw-admin usage show --start-date="2014-03-19 $x:00:00" --end-date="2014-03-19 $x:59:59"
done

And the output:  http://pastebin.com/njEuVKx9

I'm looping for each hour of the day and hoping to get usage data totals for each
hour.  But what's happening is that I only get data back on every 6th hour.  The
queries for the other 5 hours in between are returning empty.

Desired Behavior:

I expect to receive the data for the time period I specify when running
this command.

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening?