Re: RGW snapshots

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.user/855
>       I am planning to have a 2nd cluster for disaster recovery, with
>       some in-house geo-replication.
>       I haven't actually tried this yet.  I just setup my development
>       cluster, and this is on my list of things to test.  The basic
>       idea:
> Disable geo-replication
>         Snapshot the Disaster Recovery cluster manually
>
>         Rollback all of the RGW pools to the snapshot I want to
>           restore from
>
>         Manually restore objects from the Disaster Recovery cluster
>           to the Production Cluster, probably using s3cmd
>
>         Return all of the RGW pools to the most recent snapshot
>         Re-enable geo-replication

Hi,

I am facing the same issue (I want to create backups of buckets, and I would
like to do this from snapshots so that I can get a consistent backup without
stopping write operations).

Any news on how this worked out? Any new features that make this process
simpler?

Thanks!