Re: Very high latency values

Hello Dan,
  A couple of quick things...

* Latency is shown as a sum of all measured latencies over a period of time, and the count of operations included.  So to calculate the average per op latency, you must divide the sum by the count.  The result will be in milliseconds.

* The latency values you're showing there are from 'recoverystate_perf', meaning they're not relevant to normal operations of the OSDs.  For that, I'd recommend doing a perf dump against the OSD admin socket and looking at the latency values under the "osd" section.

* I've not seen any documentation on each counter, aside from occasional mailing list posts about specific counters..

Hope this helps!

Michael J. Kidd
Sr. Storage Consultant
Inktank Professional Services