how to set public IP in ceph.conf?

Hi all,

I hit the same problem here when adding new monitors:

http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2013-October/005483.html

I understand that I should set up the public address in ceph.conf. But I am really confused about the public network setting in the doc.

Where should I set the address in ceph.conf? Is it on my ceph admin node? To my understanding the public ip address should be different for all ceph nodes. If I set it on my admin node then all the nodes get the same public IP address. True?

BTW, initially I set the public IP in ceph.conf. Then the system can not find keyrings and I got stuck there. After I remove the public address, at least I can have 1 monitor and 2 osds working properly.

Say I have two network interfaces for each node:

host          internal IP         external IP

Node2      192.168.0.2     202.197.0.2

Node3      192.168.0.3     202.197.0.3

Node4      192.168.0.4     202.197.0.4

Of course, the external IPs are connected to the outside through NAT. But they can reach the outside.

What should be included in my ceph.conf?

Thanks!

Bill Chang