Re: Advises for a new Ceph cluster

In just the last week I've seen at least two failures as a result of replication factor two. I would highly suggest that for any critical data you choose an rf of at least three.

Could you explain me why failures happened?

With your stated capacity, you're looking at a mere 16TB with rf3. You'll need to look into slightly more capacity or wait for erasure to come down the line. Or go with the more dangerous rf2

Why the RF2 is dangerous? Sorry for this question, I'm new on Ceph.
I could have 4x4Tb hard drives per node, so I can extend the capacity per nodes to 16 Tb. How much available space I will have with RF3?

Thank you very much for your help!
Bye.