Re: Advises for a new Ceph cluster

Drop RAID5 and create one OSD per harddisk.

I was thinking about using RAID5 to keep the disk redundancy even during the file sync process through the nodes.
What do you think about this?

If you need to store small files consider how your applications
communicates with the storage cluster. Does your application need a
POSIX filesystem? Then Ceph may not be your first choice.

Could you explain me why?

Is your application able to talk to S3 or natively to RADOS? Then Ceph
is good for you.

This is not a problem because I am controlling the application.
Now the app is using a Posix filesystem, but I could modify it to directly use RADOS.

Thank you very much.
Bye!