Re: Advises for a new Ceph cluster

In just the last week I've seen at least two failures as a result of replication factor two. I would highly suggest that for any critical data you choose an rf of at least three.

With your stated capacity, you're looking at a mere 16TB with rf3. You'll need to look into slightly more capacity or wait for erasure to come down the line. Or go with the more dangerous rf2.