Re: Add another Ceph cluster using the same set of monitor servers?

I have just tried this with ceph-deploy and it does indeed seem to
work.  You have to do the following:
1. Pass a "--cluster=<cluster>" argument to ceph-deploy with a new
cluster name (your first cluster will have been called 'ceph' by
default, call the new one something different)
2. After calling "ceph-deploy new" but *before* calling "mon
create-initial", modify your <cluster>.conf file as follows:
 a. append the custom port number to each address in the "mon_host" setting
 b. add a [mon.<hostname>] section for each mon, specifying its address and port
3. Remember to pass the "--cluster=<cluster>" argument to all
subsequent invocations of ceph-deploy

For example, I picked a cluster name "test4" and custom port 5789 for
a three-node cluster and my test4.conf looks like this:

[global]
fsid = 74446e66-89bf-4f56-8807-f6f76333bfac
mon_initial_members = gravel1, gravel2, gravel3
mon_host = 192.168.18.1:5789,192.168.18.2:5789,192.168.18.3:5789
auth_cluster_required = cephx
auth_service_required = cephx
auth_client_required = cephx
filestore_xattr_use_omap = true