Re: When will Ceph FS be ready for use with production data

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/21/2013 02:50 PM, Yan, Zheng wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 3:07 AM, Abhijeet Nakhwa
>> <abhijeet.nakhwa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ceph FS is really cool and exciting! It makes a lot of sense for us to
>>> leverage it.
>>>
>>> Is there any established goal  / timelines for using Ceph FS for
>>> production
>>> use? Are specific individual support contracts available if Ceph FS is to
>>> be
>>> used in production?
>>>

>> I don't know when inktank will claim Cephfs is stable. But as a cephfs
>> developer, I already have trouble to find new issue in my test setup.
>> If you are willing to help improve cephfs, please try cephfs and
>> report any issue you encounter.
>>

> Great to hear. Are you also testing Multi-MDS or just one Active/Standby?

I test both. For multiple mds setup (using the newest development
tree), basic fs functions are close to stable. but still need more
time to tune the performance.

> And snapshots? Those were giving some problems as well.

snapshot is the most incomplete feature of cephfs. So far I completely
ignore issues in this area.