Re: centos6.4 + libvirt + qemu + rbd/ceph

On 07.12.2013 01:03, Chris C wrote:
We rely on the stability of rhel/centos as well.  We have no patch/upgrade
policy or regulatory directive to do so.  Our servers are set and forget.
  We circle back for patch/upgrades only for break/fix.

Stability means keeping the ABIs (and in general all interfaces and conventions) stable. It is very important when e.g. you intent to deploy some old Sybase on these boxes. How this type of stability helps the Ceph/KVM node ... ?

I tried F19 just for the fun of it.  We ended up with conflicts trying to
run qemu-kvm with ceph.  I could get one or the other working but not both.
  Our architecture is calling for compute and storage to live on the same
host to save in hardware costs.

I also tried to recompile libvirt and qemu-kvm today.  I didn't even see
rbd libraries in the source code.

OSD/libvirt-kvm dual role node should work just fine with F19/F20. If you are interested in Fedora deployments, we could try to resolve these issues.

Alek