Re: centos6.4 + libvirt + qemu + rbd/ceph

We rely on the stability of rhel/centos as well.  We have no patch/upgrade policy or regulatory directive to do so.  Our servers are set and forget.  We circle back for patch/upgrades only for break/fix.

I tried F19 just for the fun of it.  We ended up with conflicts trying to run qemu-kvm with ceph.  I could get one or the other working but not both.  Our architecture is calling for compute and storage to live on the same host to save in hardware costs.

I also tried to recompile libvirt and qemu-kvm today.  I didn't even see rbd libraries in the source code.

/C

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/06/2013 04:28 PM, Alek Paunov wrote:
> On 07.12.2013 00:11, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

>> 6 months lifecycle and having to os-upgrade your entire data center 3
>> times a year?
>>
>> (OK maybe it's "18 months" and "once every 9 months")
>
> Most servers novadays are re-provisioned even more often,

Not where I work they aren't.

> Fedora release comes with more and more KVM/Libvirt features and
> resolved issues, so the net effect is positive anyway.

Yes, that is the main argument for tracking ubuntu. ;)

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin