Re: rbd on ubuntu 12.04 LTS

How interesting; it looks like that command was added post-dumpling
and not backported. It's probably suitable for backport; I've also
created a ticket to create docs for this
(http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/6731). Did you create this cluster on
an older development release? That should be the only way for the
option to have been enabled without you setting it explicitly.
(I'm just following what the release notes at
http://ceph.com/docs/master/release-notes say about hashpspool).
-Greg