Re: saucy salamander support?

On 13/10/22 6:28 PM, "Dan Mick" <dan.mick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>/etc/ceph should be installed by the package named 'ceph'.  Make sure
>you're using ceph-deploy install to install the Ceph packages before
>trying to use the machines for mon create.

I'll admit, I did skip that step a couple times in my testing since I did
a purgedata, not a purge. But I also went back and completed every step
verbatim and had the same problem.

Now that I've gone to saucy salamander, ceph-deploy install insists on
trying to grab saucy pkgs, but I was able to use ceph-deploy install
--no-adjust-repos to override that behavior and get the install command to
complete without errors.  The result: still no /etc/ceph directory.

It seems that ceph-deploy purgedata removes the /etc/ceph directory and
leaves the rest of ceph package files in place, and subsequent runs of
ceph-deploy install detects that the ceph package is installed, so no
/etc/ceph directory is recreated.  Can anyone who hasn't borked their test
env confirm this behavior?