Re: Loss of connectivity when using client caching with libvirt

Thanks guys,

Useful info - we'll see how we go. I expect the main issue blocking a cloud-wide upgrade will be forwards live-migration of existing instances.

Cheers, ~B

On 3 October 2013 13:04, Michael Lowe <j.michael.lowe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
FWIW: I use a qemu 1.4.2 that I built with a debian package upgrade script and the stock libvirt from raring.

> On Oct 2, 2013, at 10:59 PM, Josh Durgin <josh.durgin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 10/02/2013 06:26 PM, Blair Bethwaite wrote:
>> Josh,
>>
>>> On 3 October 2013 10:36, Josh Durgin <josh.durgin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> The version base of qemu in precise has the same problem. It only
>>> affects writeback caching.
>>>
>>> You can get qemu 1.5 (which fixes the issue) for precise from ubuntu's
>>> cloud archive.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer! I had not realised there were newer than 1.0
>> qemu-kvm packages available anywhere for Precise. We'll definitely look
>> into that for other reasons too, especially better live-migration.
>>
>> I know it's not specifically Ceph related, but are you aware of any
>> problems with these against Grizzly?
>
> I'm not aware of any. libvirt maintains a stable interface so it
> shouldn't be an issue to use newer versions of qemu and libvirt
> with older versions of openstack. If you upgrade qemu, you may
> need the newer libvirt in the cloud archive as well.
>
> Josh

Cheers,
~Blairo