Re: Loss of connectivity when using client caching with libvirt

On 10/02/2013 06:26 PM, Blair Bethwaite wrote:
Josh,

On 3 October 2013 10:36, Josh Durgin <josh.durgin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The version base of qemu in precise has the same problem. It only
affects writeback caching.

You can get qemu 1.5 (which fixes the issue) for precise from ubuntu's
cloud archive.

Thanks for the pointer! I had not realised there were newer than 1.0
qemu-kvm packages available anywhere for Precise. We'll definitely look
into that for other reasons too, especially better live-migration.

I know it's not specifically Ceph related, but are you aware of any
problems with these against Grizzly?

I'm not aware of any. libvirt maintains a stable interface so it
shouldn't be an issue to use newer versions of qemu and libvirt
with older versions of openstack. If you upgrade qemu, you may
need the newer libvirt in the cloud archive as well.

Josh