Re: Loss of connectivity when using client caching with libvirt

Hi Josh,

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 10:55:04 -0700
> From: Josh Durgin <josh.durgin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Oliver Daudey <oliver@xxxxxxxxx>, ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>         Robert.vanLeeuwen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Loss of connectivity when using client
>         caching with libvirt
>
> The behavior you both are seeing is fixed by making flush requests
> asynchronous in the qemu driver. This was fixed upstream in qemu 1.4.2
> and 1.5.0. If you've installed from ceph-extras, make sure you're using
> the .async rpms [1] (we should probably remove the non-async ones at
> this point).
>
> The cuttlefish qemu rpms should work fine with dumpling. They're only
> separate from the bobtail ones to be able to use newer functions in
> librbd.

The OP piqued my interest with this as we are looking at caching options on Ubuntu Precise (Ceph and Cloud) with Dumpling. Do the same caveats apply for qemu-kvm on Precise? Presumably with just read caching there is no such problem?

--
Cheers,
~Blairo