Re: ceph-deploy mon create doesn't create keyrings

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 2:53 AM,  <jose.valeriooropeza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am using RHEL6.
>
> From the ceph admin machine I executed:
>
> ceph-deploy install cephserverX
> ceph-deploy new cephserverX
> ceph-deploy mon create cephserverX
>
> is there a debug mode more verbose than -v that I can enable, in order to see more what the command ceph-deploy mon create is doing?

Unfortunately not, though it's something we'd like to enable and were
just talking about separately today.

I guess the next thing I would do is check to make sure the packages
are actually installed, and look and see if there are any logs present
in /var/log/ceph that might contain hints. But somebody who's used
ceph-deploy more often might have a better idea; if you come into the
irc channel these sorts of issues get talked about fairly frequently
there and often turn out to be nonstandard distributions or strange
permission settings on sudo or whatnot.
-Greg