Re: xfs on ceph RBD resizing

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim <jfs.world@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hey folks, I was hoping to be able to use xfs on top of RBD for a
> deployment of mine. And was hoping for the resize of the RBD
> (expansion, actually, would be my use case) in the future to be as
> simple as a "resize on the fly", followed by an 'xfs_growfs'.'
>
> I just found a recent post, though
> (http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2013-June/002425.html),
> that seems to indicate that what I have in mind may not be possible?
> is this true? Do I have to unmount the system (or worse, do a reboot?)
> before I can do an effective resize?

another question that just came to mind: would you recommend skipping
partitioning, and then making an xfs out of the entire drive? I'm just
thinking how you would have to deal with partitioning upon an RBD
resize.

-jf

--
He who settles on the idea of the intelligent man as a static entity
only shows himself to be a fool.

and if you use the program, he is your master."
    --Richard Stallman