Re: Turning off ceph journaling with xfs ?

Note that you *can* disable teh journal if you use btrfs, but your write
latency will tend to be pretty terrible.  This is only viable for
bulk-storage use cases where throughput trumps all and latency is not an
issue at all (it may be seconds).

We are planning on eliminating the double-write for at least large writes
when using btrfs by cloning data out of the journal and into the target
file.  This is not a hugely complex task (although it is non-trivial) but
it hasn't made it to the top of the priority list yet.

sage