Re: Turning off ceph journaling with xfs ?

Hi Ker,

Unfortunately no. Ceph uses the journal for internal consistency and atomicity and it can't use the XFS journal for it. On the BTRFS side, we've been investigating allowing the Ceph journal to be on the same disk as the OSD and doing a clone() operation to effectively reduce the journal write penalty, but that feature hasn't been implemented yet.

Mark