Re: Production deployment methods

The main issue seemed to be /etc/hosts on the nodes, after that the most
issues have gone away.

I did ceph-deploy install (without specifiying the distribution, so I
assume stable is installed)
on all 3 nodes the same time which worked without any problems (I use
Debian wheezy).

The OSDs on wheezy pointed journal to a uuid-path in devfs which didn't
exist on wheezy so I had to
correct it to a existing path to the partition. Perhaps this is a debian
issue and perhaps this could be solved
by naming the path in the deploy-command even if it's on the same hdd
which I haven't tested so far.
This took the main time debugging because this error doesn't show up
clearly in the logs.

Regards,

Roman

On Fri, 24 May 2013 15:43:15 -0700, John Wilkins
<john.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/deployment/ceph-deploy-install/#install