Re: Ceph and Qemu

Speed is not critical even for usual snapshot. I don't look into qemu code, but
x86 arch normal fork process is in splitting virtual address space and
copy-on-write both "compacted" copies. So, "snapshot" is momental in time (mean
not copy nothing real RAM, just fix descriptors), but forked copy can be writed
with any speed. But, for example, untuned Linux guest is too sensitive to time
drifts. So, live migration near good only with nohz=off, clock=acpi_pm, etc. And
frequently vm rebooting on ceph failure (1/3 node with 2/1 or 3/2 replication
size) - I tune it, but do not figure out final solution. Windows usually still
live on any random ceph freezes. Default Linux do heavy use of very precise HR
timers and schedulers, so best workaround - "guest cooperation" ;) to freeze itself.