Re: Unable to read file on Ceph FS

You're wrong. You can do Live Migration with RBD without doing block
live migration. RBD images also live on any ceph (libvirt / kvm) -
client, without the need to move physical data. Think of it as an iSCSI
volume.
RBD is the way to go, you don't want or need cephFS here at all, unless
you want to store qemu-img files in cephfs, which is a bad idea to start
with.

The only thing I don't know if openstack supports base images on ceph, I
know openstack volumes work flawlessly with RBD, I have one installation
right here that works very well.

On 04/18/2013 06:54 AM, Li, Chen wrote:
> It is just a test environment.
> I'm using Ceph FS is only because I want to integrate Ceph with all OpenStack environment.
> And a shared FS can let me do the live-migration but not just block-live-migration.
>
> I know Ceph FS is not production ready.
> So, the only suggestion is not to use it?
> Anymore?
>

> Thanks.
> -chen

DI (FH) Wolfgang Hennerbichler
Software Development
Unit Advanced Computing Technologies
RISC Software GmbH
A company of the Johannes Kepler University Linz

IT-Center
Softwarepark 35
4232 Hagenberg
Austria