Re: how configure cephfs to strip data across osd's?

Are you talking about striping or stripping? :)

Ceph doesn't support data stripes, and you probably also don't need it.
Ceph distributes reads of data anyways, because large objects are spread
automatically to the OSDs, reads happen concurrently, this is somehow
like striping, but better :)

On 04/18/2013 07:37 AM, George Shuklin wrote:
> Good day.
>
> I can't find documentation about striping settings. Right now I see that
> all data in small installation (1 mds, 1 mon, 8 osd) are stored on every
> OSD. I excepted to change that value to something like "store on 3,
> strip across all".
>
> There is nice documentation about how it works
> (http://ceph.com/docs/master/architecture/) but I can't find any paper
> about how to configure placement groups.

DI (FH) Wolfgang Hennerbichler
Software Development
Unit Advanced Computing Technologies
RISC Software GmbH
A company of the Johannes Kepler University Linz

IT-Center
Softwarepark 35
4232 Hagenberg
Austria