Re: documentation improvements

In other documentation sites that have multiple software versions,
like http://httpd.apache.org/docs, or readthedocs.org, they use "<link
href="url/to/the/current/docs" rel="canonical" />" to indicate to
search engines what content is canonical. We could insert something
into our doc templates like this to point at the master branch
version.